Noise reduction windows (otherwise known as Soundproof windows) are specially designed windows equipped with acoustic glass to mitigate external noise transmission into your living space. Acoustic glass is a type of glazing unit that incorporates a laminated pane, disrupting soundwaves and helping to dampen sound effectively.
The laminated pane in acoustic glass consists of multiple layers of glass bonded together with a layer of polyvinyl butyral (PVB) or resin. This structure disrupts and absorbs soundwaves, reducing the amount of noise that passes through the window.
The noise reduction windows design aims to provide a quieter indoor environment by significantly reducing the impact of external noise such as traffic, building construction or other sources. This is particularly beneficial for homes located in busy urban areas or near high-traffic zones.
How effective are noise reduction windows?
While we cannot claim complete elimination of all external noise, our windows can significantly reduce it in many scenarios. The extent of noise reduction with Misty Glaze Noise Reducing Windows depends on various factors:
- The condition of your current windows
- The source of the noise
- How the noise infiltrates your home
- Your sensitivity to noise
Where are noise reduction windows most beneficial to install?
Noise reduction windows are suitable for various homes, especially those located in noisy urban areas, near highways or other high-noise zones. We recommend only installing these acoustic glass windows to places most affected by noise pollution. It is common for a residential home to have soundproof glazing only on one side of the building.
The beauty of our noise reduction windows is their perfect integration and visual match with your existing windows. Misty Glaze uses glass-measuring and clarity devices to match the glass to your original specifications, ensuring a seamless blend with your existing windows.
How are these Soundproof windows installed?
As the same with all of our Window replacements, we never change your existing frames, making window upgrades to acoustic glass exceptionally affordable compared to brand new windows.
The whole upgrade process is broken down into three stages:
- Assessment – One of our professional installers conducts an initial assessment and takes precise measurements. This assessment helps determine the most suitable soundproof glass solution.
- Glass fabrication – Based on the assessment, a custom soundproof window system is designed to fit your existing window openings. These custom windows are engineered to block and absorb sound effectively.
- Installation of Noise reduction windows – The existing windows are carefully removed, and the custom soundproof windows are installed in their place. Proper sealing and insulation are crucial for soundproof windows.
The typical installation process usually spans 3 to 5 days, starting from the moment you place your initial order.
In summary, noise reduction windows use specialised acoustic glass to create a more peaceful and quieter indoor atmosphere by effectively reducing external noise levels. We can provide a free quotation if you are interested in these Soundproof windows.